Monday, October 13, 2008


i was doing some house cleaning due to the snowy weather, and came across my portrait of boise lechner. he was quite the character. this was shot at his farm south of oxbow in the late 80's, as part of a portrait series i was doing, fresh out of ryerson. around the same time, i was lucky enough to work on a project with writer W.P. Kinsella (field of dreams fellow). he had met boise, and i think they connected. i remember sending bill this shot a few years ago, and i know it brought back some fond memories for him. and it does the same for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture looked like a ghost until I got your letter. I donèt think I ever saw that guy up close, but it appears that you got his likeness perfect. This should encourage you to continue on with your portrait series. kay

Anonymous said...

very cool shot -- it's kind of cute that his feet aren't touching the ground. Is he short??? cz.

Anonymous said...

Who is Boise Lechner anyway?? A farmer?? Someone famous??

Anonymous said...

There is a "one of a kind" guy. PH

Anonymous said...

doug,
this is a classic. I like the Oly's you have given him for the shot. Adds the U.S. border touch. c.rock

Anonymous said...

famous quote from Boise " Glad you dropped by, now I got somebody to lie to" A true character and an old friend. jh

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!