Tuesday, August 4, 2009

saskatchewan homestead



wow, if i was a writer / i'd spin a fine yarn about these two images. i did a road trip down to the homeland (oxbow), to hook up with friends and family for a little boat cruise on the souris river. turns out the boat didn't show, so i had time on my hands. i have driven by this farm a bizillion times (is that how writers articulate)??..... but never pulled in to document. took the time today/ met the owners, heard some great stories. i'll go back and shoot more (and maybe take a writer with me).

ps/i want to do a series on 'clothes lines' someday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, you lead a great life. dk

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a great day and you are right about "pure prairie".
My boy happened to walk up to the monitor when I was looking at your shots of the clothesline and hey said "man, those are nice shots, who took them?"

Anonymous said...

A picture is worth a thousand words. This old adage definitely holds true with these shots.

Kel!

Anonymous said...

those are very nice shots!! You're getting better with old age!. I guess I can view some attachments. I wish I had the time to do some good shots of brian for you. Perhaps if we finish the dock today or early tomorrow, I'll take the time ad knock your socks off. ian

Anonymous said...

Saskatchewan homestead. Warms my heart! I am only a little bit bitter. . . I know a great homestead 1/2 mile from junction 33/39 hwy at Weyburn (just be the Co-op Truck stop) . . . I am absolutely positive you could find a great shot there (it would make a great 50th wedding gift!!!)
LT Airdrie

Anonymous said...

My only memories of Oxbow are when my kids swan in summer swim meets. . . the pool was always full of bugs!
LT

Anonymous said...

those are interesting bricks eh? which direction from town is it? looks familiar.
too bad oxbow made such a poor impression when all remembered is the pool bugs!
cc

douglas e. walker said...

LT, i know that junction, and the truck stop. i'll have a heads up if i get by that way.

douglas e. walker said...

cc, that house is on the east side of #9, directly across from alameda.

Anonymous said...

Great to have road trip down to the homeland..
___________________
Andrew
Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too